Monday, March 3, 2014

February Freezer Cooking

I got behind in posting about our freezer cooking experiences (funny how a baby coming sort of takes over a person's life, isn't it?), but I'm even more thankful to have these meals in my freezer as I think about Baby coming.

Jenna was in charge of choosing recipes and doing the shopping this last month.  I have to admit I have been hoarding these meals for closer to Baby-time, so I don't have many ratings yet.  She chose:

--Tex Mex Chicken Casserole--This one was a 3.  I think it would have been better with more spices and then tucked into a tortilla (remembering for next time)
--Pizza Casserole--3
--Chunky Beef Stew--3
--Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken--3.5
--Pepperoni Stromboli  Everyone gave this a 5.  We'll definitely have to make these again.
--Crockpot Shredded Chicken --3.3
--Chicken Enchiladas--The recipe called for beef, but we used chicken and these were very good!  We rated them 4.5 (on a 1-5 scale)
--Taco Soup--4
1 lb hamburger 
4 cans diced tomatoes 
 1 can of corn 
1 can of pinto beans 
1 package of ranch seasoning 
1 package of taco seasoning 
Mix it all together and cook until warm.


We'll be cooking up some more meals this weekend and I'm the one doing the planning and shopping.  Guess I'd better get busy! :)

4 comments:

  1. Alright alright! I WILL get off my duff and do some freezer meals. ;)
    Adding the ingredients to make the enchiladas and pizza casserole to my grocery list for tomorrow. I'll appreciate them later. Blessedly my family is still small enough that a 9x13 will feed us for 2 days OR feed us for supper and send leftovers for daddy for a couple days (usually). Yummy looking recipes! I appreciate the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go girl! You *will* appreciate them later--it will be so worth it! :)

      Delete
  2. Zach at the Tex Mex Casserole in a tortilla, but he agreed that it was missing something. He still liked it, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it was definitely edible--Briana actually really liked it. It was Destry and I that thought it was "okay but boring". :)

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!