Aryana has grown and changed SO MUCH these last three months! She is busy all the time and is learning new things every day. I think my favorite thing she does now is wave her little hand. It is so precious. She has the princess wave going on, twisting her little tiny hand back and forth. She is terribly distracting at church as she waves at all the people behind us and they just wave right back! She also blows raspberries all the time, and can come up with the funniest expressions.
Another precious new thing she does is singing. Whenever one of her toys plays a little song, she sings along and sometimes at church when we have congregational singing, she joins right in with me. Everyone just gushes over how cute and sweet she is.
She is also ON THE MOVE! She has the army crawl down. She doesn't stay still for a moment. She is starting to get up on her hands and knees to crawl, but when she sees something she wants, she reverts to a purposeful army crawl. She is all over the house now and nothing is safe from her.
I'm pretty sure she's teething as she constantly chews and drools, but I don't see any signs of a tooth breaking through in the near future. She isn't too fussy with it, unless she tries to chew on a toy that's harder and that kinda hurts her gum, so she lets out a mad holler. I'm thankful she has so far been perfectly healthy, with only a slight runny nose a couple days when the weather was getting cooler.
She loves to eat, and is especially fond of the homemade squash Aunt Marcy made for her. She's starting to eat some table food and plays along eagerly when Daddy slips her contraband such as a bite of ice cream or a piece of donut.
She has gone from the half-propped up position to fully sitting herself up in just the last couple of weeks. She transitions between crawling to sitting back to crawling like an old pro now.
I was quite shocked when she started pulling herself up last week. First she was pulling herself up to Mommy or Daddy as we lay with her on the floor, and then she started pulling herself up to the couch. I'm afraid I'm going to have an early walker, and we're having a hard enough time training her for the no-nos (like the basket of diapers, or the cabinet of videos). Look out world, here she comes!
Aryana Joy is aptly named, for she is a constant source of joy. All of her older siblings vie for her attention, and her ready smile invites others to smile with her.





I really need to come see her :) And maybe do some 6month pictures!!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is SO much fun right now! And yes, your pictures are ever so much better than mine--I would love that! :)
DeleteCould she be more precious????? So So so cute! And she cracks us up with her facial expressions and huge smile! And how can she be so little and be pulling herself up like a 9 month old???
ReplyDeletePretty much NOPE! I know, she is trying as hard as she can to catch up to the older kids.
DeleteI wish we were closer - I cooked a whole squash for Ameliya and pureed it and no matter how many times or ways I introduce it she is quite sure it's poison! She is holding out at a firm NO to squash!
ReplyDeleteAryana is just precious - I can't believe how quickly she is doing things. When I remember she's a full month and a half younger than Mia I totally understand why you are saying "stop growing up!" She's tiny and mighty and simply must keep up with the other children!
And the no-no's...sigh. Like you said to me, "that poor little thing...all those rules and restrictions." {wink}
LOL--poison, hmmmm? Well, I do plan to be in your neck of the woods for a bridal shower this weekend. . .
DeleteAryana's squash might just have a little butter added to hers;) Butter makes everything better!
DeleteShe looks like SUCH a smiley little girl!
ReplyDeleteI got a notice from our agency the other day that we had passed the 6 month mark and I was, like, "WHAT?!" Sometimes it seems so slow and other times so fast! :) It's kind of fun to be celebrating the same time frame with you (even though they are different ages.)
What a happy little girl she looks to be! What fun!
Yes, she really is a smiley little girl, even though I rarely capture it with the camera. She is a delight!
DeleteYes, it is fun to celebrate our timeline together--that first six months is definitely an adjustment!
That first photo- well, all of them, really- is so precious. I can't even imagine having an early walker; Caedmon is only our third child and I still (gently) knocked him over the first three days he tried walking because I just could not even handle it. She looks like she gets a lot of love.
ReplyDeleteKnocking them over. . .never thought of that! HA!
Delete