
I feel like we're right on the brink of a big change. Tyrell is growing so much and I just know that before I'm ready he won't be a tiny little infant, but will be moving all over the place and cutting teeth. So I'm enjoying this last little bit of him being a little baby still at five months old.

Our big challenge this month has been getting rid of the cradle cap that turned into a fungus which produced white spots on his scalp and forehead. We washed his hair with Selsun Blue to kill the fungus and I finally learned not to put baby oil on his hair. I did this with Kiana and it never bothered her scalp, and I've always heard to put baby oil on the scalp to get rid of cradle cap. I now know not to do that (at least not with African American skin) as the oil clogs the pores and produces a breeding ground for a fungus and instead put hair milk on his curls to keep them moisturized--live and learn!

Easton and Tyrell continue to be little buds, which I find quite endearing. I hope this special relationship blesses them throughout their entire lives.


Tyrell is still happiest with mama, and if I would just sit around and hold him, he would think the world was absolutely perfect. I don't, of course, but I might be treasuring these moments just a little bit more than I should. . .

Proof that he does play on the floor. . .


or sit in the bumbo seat while I'm cooking or brushing my teeth, etc. I just love this little outfit and the precious little hat. I think he looks a little younger with the hat on because he has so much hair it makes him look older than his five months.

Daddy pulled the jumper out of the closet this last weekend and Tyrell is enjoying seeing everything from a new angle. He thought he was pretty big stuff upright. . .and I thought he looked a little too big!

He loves food more than any other five month old I've raised. He eats two of the big jars of baby food (level three, can you believe it?!) each day!! One jar at lunch time and another in the evening. He is also drinking a six ounce bottle (with the formula in it it's over seven ounces) every 3 1/2 to 4 hours. He appears to be in a hurry to outgrow yet another size of clothing.

His big accomplishment for the month was learning to roll over. He can roll both tummy to back and back to tummy, but he only does so a few times per week and never in succession. He is so content to just lie on the floor, play with toys, squeal, and watch the other kids.

He really has fun with his daddy, too--no one can make him laugh as easily as his daddy does. We treasure every smile, giggle, and squeal this little boy shares with us!
Cute to see tyrell in that cute outfit with the hat. It DOES make him look younger! Love it!
ReplyDeletemy, my!! I'm sending Xavier over to take eating lessons! he has an aversion to swallowing...lol! everything makes him gag and come up again. what a sweet boy you have--these babies really are our blessings (as my 2 year old squeals about something on the floor...)
ReplyDeleteThat is an AWESOME chubby baby in the sink bathtub photo! =D
ReplyDeleteYes, Kristina, I love that outfit--thank you! ;)
ReplyDeleteJenn--isn't it funny how they can just be different? Tyrell prefers chunks in his food! If I want to feed him something really smooth, I put cereal in it. chuckle
Carrie--Isn't he adorable?! :)