Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Cornrowed Pigtails

I have Kiana's hair in off-set pigtails right now.  I parted her hair from ear to ear and on the first day cornrowed the front over to one side and collected the braids into a ponytail with a ballie.  She wore the back loose and curly that first day.
Then on the second day I cornrowed the back to the opposite side and secured the ends of the braids with a ballie into another ponytail.  This is a darling--and cool--style and took about 45 minutes each day to complete.  I expect it to last at least two weeks and maybe three.

My only complaint is she chose the new variegated orange bead set and she doesn't seem to have many orange clothes this summer!  Oh well, she pulls off orange and pink just fine.
Tyrell is sporting the two-strand twists again, which is still my favorite hairstyle on him as I continue to hold out on getting his first haircut.
And in the spirit of keeping it simple, Kiana wore simple braided pigtails for about a week before this most recent cornrowed pigtail style.  Just a reminder to all of us moms, the style doesn't have to be fancy or complicated to be adorable! :)

1 comment:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!