Thursday, January 24, 2013

Guest Hair Stylist


I was blessed this last weekend as one of Briana's friends, Kidon, came over and styled Kiana's hair.  She is from Ethiopia and gave me a good dose of humble pie.  I was thinking I was getting pretty good at doing Kiana's hair, but this girl is crazy fast!
She created this gorgeous style in just 2 1/2 hours.  The same style would have taken me at least 4, probably 5 hours, and would have been a challenge.  I still have a lot to learn.
I hired her to do it and Alan was just amazed and said it would be worth it to have her do it every other style considering how much time I usually spend.  I was mostly just thinking I might learn something, it would make Kidon feel good to have a little job, and that it would be nice for Kiana to get a break from mama's styling, but now I'm tempted to agree with Alan on having her do it 3-4 times a year.
I love, love, love the way she did the cornrows down the back with the zigzag parts.  This style is a huge hit and I'm expecting it to last at least four weeks if not even six.
 In other fun hair news, Kiana received a new book in the mail this week because I couldn't resist ordering it after reading Sharla's review.  And would you like to guess the name of the main character in I Love My Hair?  That's right, it's spelled slightly different, but still Keyana!
 My Kiana is tickled with the book, couldn't wait to share it with Daddy when he got home from work, and enjoyed telling me which styles pictured in the book were her favorites. I'm glad Sharla shared this title and thought I would share it with you as well.

6 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! I agree--having help in the hair department would be a wonderful investment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure is! ;) And I guess I could have combined this with RAT had I tied in the book more, hmmm? :)

      Delete
  2. It looks like it was fun for both girls- and what a need bond for them to form!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soooooo cool about the book!

    How 'big' she must have felt to have a cool teenager doing her hair!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!