Sunday, January 27, 2013

New Scarf Technique, New Experiences

Briana is becoming such a handy and independent young lady.  We keep seeing these fun scarves around, so she picked up a couple skeins of the special yarn and whipped a couple scarves out in no time flat. 

She also has her driver's license and is feeling a newly-found sense of independence.  She takes Destry to piano lessons, runs my errands at the library and grocery store (and even slips into the shoe store to browse for a couple minutes), and drives herself to her house cleaning job.  She and Destry have enjoyed going to a brass ensemble together and out to a movie with a few other friends from church and this last weekend she even went to the Winter Jam concert with a group of friends from the homeschool group.

It was really weird for me at first, entrusting her to the Lord's protection in yet another way, but I'm getting more comfortable with it now.  I thought it was funny as she prepared to leave for the Winter Jam.  I asked her if she was a little nervous about it.  Her response?  A bright, cheerful, carefree "No!"

So I just tucked my nervous flutters away, reminded her to "be careful and have fun", and watched her drive away.

8 comments:

  1. She sounds like a very mature and gifted young lady, yet she sounds like a teenager with a new driver's license. Appears you are doing a great job, Mom, with what has been entrusted to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is indeed mature and gifted, and having lots of fun at this season in her life all at the same time. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm both jealous and terrified when I read this. Jealous, because I often wish our little ones were more independent, terrified, because... someday they'll be independent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chuckle--appropriate responses I would say!

      Delete
  3. Great job, Breanna! I have that exact scarf, only one of my stamp club ladies made it for me. I LOVE it! Unfortunately, I'm not that talented. I tend to pull everything too tight. So nice to see the younger generation developing these skills.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how to do it either--she is completely self-taught when it comes to knitting! I just love homeschooling. ;)

      Delete
  4. Ok I guess that will be a little weird. (And I'm still trying to learn how to wear a scarf.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is such a fun mix of responsible, talented, quiet, sweet, smart,humble, independent, bold when needed, and super delightful! Love her and can't believe she is this old. Hard to believe I came into her life when she was 2 years old! Yikes, time is flying!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!