I got this really great idea from my friend Amber to help the kids build a town. We used painting tape to make roads and then set up dollhouses, fire station, garages and a farm. The kids played and played and played.
Their town stayed set up in the living room and just kept growing. One day they added an airport and another day they added a train station. They used Legos to build a church building and a hospital and built a school building out of wooden blocks.
They brought their kitchen and toy food downstairs so they could have a restaurant and another day they built a zoo. They even have a "community theater" for drama fans.
I love watching their imaginations at work and it was more than worth it to me to have tape and toys all over the living room floor. The town has been disassembled for now, but I expect we'll be getting the tape out again before the winter is over.




WOAH....that is a great idea. I'll save that for a rainy day! Oh wait . . .
ReplyDeleteheh, heh, rainy day in Oregon--good one! :)
DeleteWhat a great idea! We've been having quite a few rainy days in Alabama lately. . . :-)
ReplyDelete