Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Highlights

I was blessed by a special meeting of the church this past weekend.  There were some lessons I really needed to hear, and I came away from it feeling convicted, challenged, provoked and encouraged.

CONVICTED
to speak what is helpful in building others up instead of complaining or criticizing.

CHALLENGED
to look for God's "appointments" in my life rather than being disappointed when *my* plan doesn't work out and gracefully accept the seasons during which God is preparing me for something ahead.

PROVOKED
to contend for the faith--to wrestle, to agonize--instead of sitting back watching to see what happens, being lazy, or thinking I'll do it later.

ENCOURAGED
to walk in good works that Christ's light might shine brighter through me.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your week-end. Steve and Tosha enjoyed the Topeka,KS one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good highlights. I thought it was a good set of sermons, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!