To everything (turn, turn, turn. . .what does that mean, anyway?)
there is a season (turn, turn, turn). . .
And I think my season of blogging has come to an end. There are several reasons for this, but the top three are time (or lack thereof), focus, and relationship.
The first one is surely self-explanatory. I've been borrowing blogging time from sleeping time for a little too long as it is. I'm a homeschooling mother of five children--enough said, right? And when I add that the youngest children are nearing the end of the napping years (prime blogging time) it surely makes even more sense.
Time segues nicely into focus as I'm not sure blogging is the best use of my limited time in this next season. There are some other areas I need to focus on including the character training of my children, personal Bible study, involvement in our local homeschool community, and serving in our community just to name a few. I've enjoyed blogging and would like to think I have encouraged people here and there as I've reflected on books I've read, what the Lord is doing in our family and homeschool, and along my faith walk with the Lord but I sense a changing and more immediate focus ahead.
It's time to focus on relationships in my immediate vicinity. I pour a lot of myself onto my blog and frankly, don't get a lot back. Few people comment and some just check in every once in a while to see what's up in my life without catching me up on what's up in theirs or engaging in any discussion. Once I've digested my life or my thoughts about a book or my struggles in my daily christian walk on my blog, I am disinclined to rehash these topics again in face-to-face conversation. As we've so recently moved and are developing new friendships, I am finding this practice to be damaging to establishing meaningful "real-life" relationships and I bear full responsibility.
I think it will be hard to completely give up blogging as sometimes I just need to sit down and write. My plan is to leave this post up for a few days so I don't just "drop off the face of the. . .internet" and then I'll set my blog to private. This will also help prevent my recent increase in spam comments (insert annoyed grimace). I may still post once a week or so as the urge hits me, so if you would like to be invited to read my much-less-active blog, click on my profile to your right and use the button under "contact me" to give me your email address. (I won't be inviting anyone without an explicit request to do so as I don't want to assume anything)
I still hope to stay in touch with my long-distance bloggy friends by reading (and commenting on) your blogs. Until then, thanks for reading!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI go on vacation for a week and you stop blogging? I'm never traveling again.
ReplyDeleteOnce I got past my completely and totally selfish response ("NOOOO!") and read your reasons for the blogging... um, abstinence? Anyway, I was able to understand what you were staying. Blogging seems to take up a whole lotta time, a precious commodity in a house like yours.
I found the previous three "Anonymous" comments ironic, given your complaints against them. I've been getting a ton of them lately, too. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.
As for the turn, turn, turn, thing, I guess I always assumed it was a reference to the earth's turning. I have no idea why I thought that.
Sending my email address now!
I wondered what had happened to you! And grr, aren't those comments annoying? I usually try to delete them asap. I've thought about using word verification or disabling anonymous comments, but. . .
DeleteGlad to still stay in touch!
pick me to be on here! I'm using Jons work computer so it wants me to use his email.....
ReplyDeleteGotcha! :)
DeleteThough I'm selfishly sad to read this, I completely understand. There are seasons for everything in our life. Ironically, this seems to be the season God is pulling me towards blogging! I would love an invite to your private blog as I want to keep in touch. I will send you my email addy. Take care and I appreciate all that you have shared and the lives you have touched as a result!
ReplyDeleteOnce again, even with what I don't want to hear, you have taught me. Thank you for sharing so freely and be on the look-out for my email!!!
ReplyDeleteI see your reasons, but I'll miss you.
ReplyDeleteWe have never met in real life, but I appreciate the wisdom you share here, not to mention all the fun, bookish talk. Even this post has shown me a little soething about myself! Anyway, I'm sending you my email address on the off chance you want a perfect stranger reading your private blog. ;)
ReplyDeleteHigh-frequencу trader 247, аlгeaԁy has еnοugh iron
ReplyDeletein thе гight dіvеrѕіfication геsults in a shoгt timе ѕhould not be in the progгеssіоn of ѵalvе
disеаse.
my websіte :: http://lovetrading.beep.com
ReplyDeleteRevіеw my webpage - mygreencoffeeweightloss.net
I (actually I think John and I both, though I don't want to speak for him, but he often reads your blog too) will miss your blog if you don't post anymore at all. But I understand and so wouldn't want to try to persuade you, whatever you decide. It's so hard to select and balance demands for our time, and being wise enough to give things up when we need to is a good thing, and a good example. Pretty sure you have our email... we'd love to read your private blog. Maybe even comment now and then... :)
ReplyDeleteAnd spam comments... grr! There seem to be a lot on Blogger lately! "High-frequency trader 247, already has enough iron" above will just have to miss out on your blog now, much to his dismay. ;)