Briana Leigh is such a joy, and she's one of those people with a sweet spirit and a servant's heart. Her love for the Lord is genuine and shines through her every day by overflowing onto those around her.
She was simply thrilled with all of the fun presents she received from her family as they showered her with love in the form of cute clothes, lotions, perfumes, and money for shopping. We got her a sewing table for the hobby room (she has already used it to turn a dress into a skirt!) and her purity ring. She and Alan have been studying what God says about purity and preparing for marriage over the last several weeks, and the study culminates with the gift of a purity ring symbolizing his commitment to help and guide her in preserving her purity to give to her future husband.
She has been very blessed by this special time with Dad and loves her ring. We let her help us pick it out, because we wanted it to be unique to her. She chose this lovely little flower which is inscribed with "love" on one side (pictured below) and "waits" on the other side.
It was also fun to share her delight as the church surprised her with a little celebration after our Wednesday evening Bible study. She felt special and honored, and her new friends told me that was their intent--to make her feel special.
Here she is with a couple of Iowa church friends she is already enjoying, Charity and Morgan.
And just for extra fun, she is building friendships with girls like Amber in the local homeschool group as well.
I am so thankful for Briana, such a blessing from the Lord, and am honored to be her mother and sister in Christ. I love you Briana, and wait with anticipation to see what the Lord does in your life!





I love Briana so much. Her age though is making me feel a bit old:) She is one of the sweetest people and I often look up to her meekness(Grandma Fetters jr). I'm with you Shonya, I can't wait to see what the Lord does in her life. In fact the other day I told your mom that I was excited to see what all of our kids grow up to be. It's a good reminder to enjoy these young years with our kids because they really do go way too fast. Briana has done a good job paving the way for all her other siblings and cousins!
ReplyDeleteGlad she had a special day over and over again! She's such a great girl/role model/niece and on and on :) Can't believe she's 16 though!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday!
DeleteOk, well, THIS made me tear up.
ReplyDeleteJust looking at the pictures of your beautiful daughter it is VERY clear to me that she loves the Lord and is pursuing Him first. That's been extremely evident in every single picture you've ever posted. She looks happy and content and full of PURPOSE and joy and I love seeing her smile at me on the screen. She looks like the type of girl I would have been wanting to have for a friend when I was 16. And the kind of girl I would like to be friends with even now. She just looks FUN!
Happy Birthday!!!!
Whoa Dude! Sixteen is one of those numbers that really hit you. It seems like a HUGE step from 15 to me. Happy Birthday to her and tell her I'm jealous of the sewing table.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday Briana.
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday to Briana! Lovely post and lovely young lady! Thanks especially for sharing about the purity ring.
ReplyDelete