Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Kids in Cornrows

Tyrell and Kiana are sporting nearly matching cornrows these days.  
 This dry winter weather is really hard on their hair, for one thing, and for another, cornrows take a little time to put in, but then we don't have to spend time detangling (or making Tyrell cry!) each day.
 
I got one of Tyrell's cornrows a little tight where he has some especially short hairs, and unfortunately gave him some stress bumps on his scalp.  To heal them, I took that row out for a couple days (think lop-sided mohawk!) and rubbed jojoba oil on them throughout the day.  They healed nicely and I rebraided that row while leaving more hair out to let it grow.

I don't have a very good picture of the criss-cross cornrow headband I put across the top of Kiana's hair with her cornrows, but they look really cute and give the cornrows a little more feminine look.  She is so pretty with her hair all pulled back like this so you can see her pretty features.  I don't know how many times I have just stopped in amazement to look at her since her hair has been in this style.

3 comments:

  1. You are becoming quite the hair stylist Shonya! Their eyes are precious.....and I think Tyrell looks more ornery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with Marcy!

      You have beautiful hair models to work with!

      I know what a blessing your hair posts (and email helps) were to me. Thank you for posting!

      Delete
  2. Ah! SOO big! But still just as cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!