In more fun times retreating with my daughter from the daily cares of
living, Briana and I met with several young ladies for a weekend of
bonding and encouragement last Fall. One of the things I liked about this gathering was the age span of the young ladies. Most of them ranged between the ages of 15 and 25. It was a great opportunity for them to establish some relationships across the seasons of high school, college, the workforce, and young married ladies.
There were some great times of Bible study, encouragement and discussion as well as times of games and outright silliness and giggling.
Yes, and throwing of paper balls. Briana had a great time with new friends and friends of several years.
But I was also blessed to get to hang out with my cousin and friend, Teresa, since she hosted and her daughter was also there. Teresa and I grew up going to church together and have experienced more than our fair share of giggles over the years. It was also fun to get to better know our younger counterparts Alena and Ashley, standing behind us, who identified themselves with us.
Perhaps we should try to grow up and be better examples! :)




:D
ReplyDelete