I'm trying something new. This year, I hope to have an herb garden. I want thyme and basil, parsley and chives, oregano and marjoram, lavender and mint. Most of all, I want rosemary because I *love* chicken breasts seasoned with rosemary and browned in butter. Then again, I want to try my friend's pesto--she makes the BEST I've ever had--so that basil is high on my list as well.
Easton helped me start the seeds. He was really into it on this windy day. We took it out on the deck because. . .well, you know, he's THREE!


The seeds were so tiny and he put them in "oh-so-carefully". Then we put the planter in our bay window in the living room. He ran to check them about an hour later to see if they were growing yet.

He checked them and checked them--at least twice a day. Thankfully, we went to Springfield during this time.

Check it out!!! They're sprouting! What a happy little boy.
I can't help but see the spiritual parallels as we nurture these weak, spindly little plants. One plants, another waters, but GOD gives the increase. (I Corinthians 3)
Hope you have more success w/herbs from seed than I've had in the past. I'd like to try again but I don't think this will be the year unless something changes. We do have chives that have successfully established themselves in spite of poor soil and just as poor gardening skills. They are up already. The children snack on them when they're outside all season. Nice that they like them, except that they have onion breath, lol. Plant lots of MINT instead! :)
ReplyDeletei bet easton was soooo excited when you got home and there were sprouts. can't wait to hear how they do.
ReplyDeletecute! I'm thinking of going and getting some seeds of some sort and putting them in a clear plastic cup so Adi can see the roots grow too.....note I said thinking...we'll see if I get this done :)
ReplyDelete