Saturday, March 6, 2010

While I'm Waiting

I'm waiting. We haven't heard anything new on the baby and birthmother. For now, we know the baby is dropped, weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of seven pounds, and birthmom is dilated to a 2. We have most of our things packed and by the door, lots of food frozen for the kids to eat while Mom is here with them, school planned and laid out, and a sheet of contact information to take with us. We've completed another inch-high stack of paperwork and I've filled out everything in the baby book that I can so far.

So, while I'm waiting--patiently I will wait--trying still to worship and serve and not faint--and I am peaceful. . . (sorry, I have the lyrics to John Waller's song in my head!) I thought I would show you the progress on the girls' room!!

First is my very favorite arrangement, on the north wall. Isn't this adorable?!I absolutely love this room! You can see the swag and dresser scarf my good friend, Misti, made for the baby. She compiled all these wonderful decorations of the mirror and lamp and candle and basket and stuffed tiger together with the cute little elephant from Corin and the pieces I picked up at Hobby Lobby and I just love it. She printed the following poem and framed it for the girls:

I knew of you before your birth, I loved you before we ever met.
I prayed for you day and night, thankful your birth mother had chosen life.
The waiting was so anxious and hard, you already held a place in my heart.
Weeks went by, and sometimes I cried. Then the call of good news came with your daddy by my side.
Tears of joy fell on my cheek the first time I held you,
Precious Baby, so tiny and sweet. I'm thankful your birth mother had chosen life.
Rocking and singing sweet lullabies, you've brought so much joy to so many lives.
I'll love you forever, sweet little one. Memories to treasure, a new life begun.
To My Precious Girls, with love from your Mom
Yeah, it makes me blink really hard every time I read it!

Misti made pillow cases and blankets for the toddler bed and crib, and Briana made the curtain.

Here we have the southeast corner, and it now has a swag hanging above this arrangement, so it looks nice and finished.
The south wall is our big mural, which is not quite complete. My mom wrote the scripture from James 1:17: Every good and perfect gift comes from above. The picture frame to your left now holds a photo of Kiana, and the one on the right is awaiting a picture of our coming little one. Then we will put their handprints beside their pictures, and my precious friend Misti is envisioning some sort of a canopy to frame it all. I just love this room! It is so warm and cozy and absolutely beautiful!
I am just blessed beyond words with amazing friendships. I am especially blessed, as I look at this room, by my friend Misti who knew I needed something to do as I've been waiting. I'm blessed that she looked into my heart and saw what I liked and pulled this all together. I am blessed that she personalized the room with God's words, special words and sentiments, made-with-love touches, and pictures of my girls. I'm blessed by the time she has spent with me--painting, hammering, decorating, listening, praying, understanding, encouraging, supporting. . .Thank you, Lord, for such friendships--yet another good and perfect gift from above!

3 comments:

  1. Shonya,

    Seriously...I am the one who has been blessed.

    Thank you so much for sharing your journey and your heart. It has been such a growing experience.

    I can't wait to meet the new little one who holds a large space in our daily prayers. She is already the center of much love.

    The pictures are prompting me to get that rod and swag together over the mural! Time is of the essence!

    Love to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great friend! love the girls' room. that little poem gave me tears, thanks alot! :) can't wait to hear that you are on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that nursery is so wonderful...hope you're still waiting patiently:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!