Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Easton Needs a Spankin'

"Mo-om, Easton needs a spankin'!" Kiana sang as she pushed the door open into the living room.

"Whoa," I responded, as I lifted her and carried her back outside. "Don't bring those feet onto the carpet."

After I got her settled and called to Easton, I asked "Now, why does Easton need a spankin'?"

"Because he's all muddy," she replied as Easton arrived.

Kiana's feet are on your left, Easton's foot is on your right.

Oh, how young we start!!


"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Matthew 7:3-5

5 comments:

  1. oooooh good post! thank you for such a gentle reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it--right up there with a favorite speck-in-the-eye quote from our house, "Mo-om! Ben's a tattle-tale!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute illustration and reminder....plus some cute little toesies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny. What cute muddy toes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen--chuckle, that's a good one, too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!