Kentucky Fried Chicken's got nothing on my girl!
The cooking portion of Briana's home economics curriculum this year emphasizes stove-top cooking. Last year she focused on baked goods such as homemade breads, pies, and casserole dishes. This year she is learning to cook meats, sauces and gravies.

Kiana loves fried chicken, especially when it's tender and juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. I should have taken a picture of the very clean bone when she was finished!

Daddy gave the meal five stars, and her milk gravy was delicious and lump-free. The next meal on the agenda featured a broth-based gravy and the magic of cornstarch.
Presenting Chicken Marsala served over mashed potatoes. It was finger-lickin' good!

Briana is quite the capable little cook, and I love the servant's heart she exhibits as she learns to make a new meal for her family each week. I have to admit I almost don't know what to do with myself while she is working without instruction and it's the time of day that I'm usually making supper.
I guess I've found the spot on the schedule for Mom to blog!
Mmmm looks good! Nora Lee Ingle just started a cooking class for young women, and the first session was today. I am so enjoying it! She is super sweet :)
ReplyDeleteoh wow! i am so impressed! her husband and children will call her blessed!! :)
ReplyDeleteChicken is probably my favorite meat. Good job,Briana, on some yummy looking chicken dishes. Taters and gravy look yummy too!
ReplyDeleteI'm starving now! And that's a problem because it's 11 at night, not an ideal time for frying up some chicken. Good work Briana! I think she's gonna ace Home Ec!
ReplyDeleteIf you need taste testers for her final be sure to let me know. I'll even bring my own silverware.
ReplyDeleteOoohh yum! Great job, Briana!! And I would LOVE to have your recipe for Chicken Marsala. :)
ReplyDelete