When we heard the Kirksville Parks and Recreation Department was putting on a performance of Alice in Wonderland, Briana desperately wanted to try out. She loves the book, has read it twice, and she simply loves acting. So, she talked Alan into trying out with her, and they spent several weeks this summer learning lines and rehearsing. The performances were this last weekend, and I've had a couple requests to share pictures and video, so that's the purpose of this post.
Briana as Alice when she first falls down the hole and meets the 'late' rabbit
Three different actors portrayed the character of Alice. Briana was the original Alice, but when she started drinking from bottles and eating strange foods, the actress changed to portray shorter and taller Alices. At times (because it was Wonderland, afterall!!) all three Alices took the stage together.
looks like fun!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this as you were asked. Tori and I especially, really wanted to come and watch. So, so, sorry to have missed it. It looks like she and Alan had a great time together. I know Stu would have loved to see Alan as that little mouse. Grin...
ReplyDeleteWay to go Briana! I'll ask Mama Rue if she has the paper with Briana on the front so you could have another copy.
Please upload those clips. Blogger doesn't upload video well but I've had excellent success with DropShots, which connects directly to Blogger. Fast....and works every time. Give it a try.