but don't get too excited!
Here is what I know:
Crystal had her baby boy Sunday afternoon (July 25). He is 'perfect' and weighed seven pounds. She sent him home with the adoption lawyer this afternoon when she was discharged from the hospital, and says she is intent on making an adoption plan, but didn't sign the consent papers and is still not 100% sure what family she wants to parent him. I am expecting a call from her tonight or in the morning with more questions (and she has some GOOD ones!).
So. . .we are still filled with uncertainty and we are still waiting.
Such an interesting place to be. . .
At first, I just felt torn in a million directions. Praying for her, praying for the baby, praying for God's will to be done, wondering what to do about boy clothes if we need to leave right away, should I pack (oh, but I dreaded unpacking again--that was NOT fun!), how can I make plans for childcare at a moment's notice for the other kids, what all do I need to take, how much are plane tickets, when are there flights and where should we fly out of. . .
But now it's been two days of just waiting and truly trusting the Lord and having peace that things will work out as they are supposed to and there's just nothing I can do about it. So, we went to the Bible study for two days, had lots of fellowship and spiritual food, and just some perspective.
So, we'll see. What an interesting journey the Lord is taking us on this time!
Wow!
ReplyDelete-Praying that GOd's peace will remain with you.
Still praying...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update. I'll continue to pray.
ReplyDeleteKeeping you in prayers.
ReplyDeleteJust saw this...praying my friend. It's such an awesome and horrible place to be all at the same time...the wait...ugg.
ReplyDelete