Crystal and I finally managed to touch base this morning. I was told she wanted to talk to me some more and ask more questions to help her as she's making this difficult decision about her baby's future. But she only had one question.
"Do you promise to send pictures? I have to know how he's doing."
My heart is just breaking for her. We will find out this afternoon for sure what she will decide--and it sounds like she is leaning toward placing him in our family.
But today I am sad that adoption invariably involves loss. Whether parents die or are in a situation that they can't physically or emotionally give their child all they want for them, adoption involves loss. Birthparents lose the years of day-to-day interaction with their child, and children lose their first parents. It is a time of rejoicing, yes, that a mother has chosen life for her child in this age where life is not valued. It is a time of rejoicing to have a child to love. But there is loss and mourning as a price to pay.
Please pray for Crystal's peace and comfort today, as well as for discernment in decision-making.
I cried as I read her question. I can't imagine what she is going through. It is bitter-sweet and I'm hoping that it all works out for all individuals involved. I'll pray for her, the baby, and your family!
ReplyDeletePraying for each and every one of you. Such an emotion filled time.
ReplyDeleteWhat a mixed bag of emotions this post evokes. I'm happy for you, sad for her, excited for this baby....
ReplyDeletePraying...so hard...I know the day of court for us our hearts were breaking too at the loss of the biological family. Hearts both hopeful and sad with you...
ReplyDeleteI'm just now getting caught up on your blog! Wow! I'm praying friend.
ReplyDelete