I am thinking about adding a page of different hairstyles. It's been very helpful to me, as an adoptive mother, to look at things other people have done, so perhaps my hair journey could help someone else. I also think it would be nice to have several different styles we know how to do in one place so when it's "Hair Day" and I feel out of ideas, I could look back and see what I can do!
To complete this style, I just parted a line from ear to ear, then divided the front section into nine rows and cornrowed each section back to the line, secured it with a small band, and clipped it with a pretty little clip. My cornrows aren't very straight, and her hair is very thin (esp along the hairline) so it's difficult with so little hair to work with. They've been in for a little over a week and are getting pretty fuzzy, so I think we'll take them out tomorrow and change styles. If anyone has any tips to keep cornrows from getting fuzzy, please share!!
I love the hair!!!
ReplyDeletesorry i can't help in the fuzzy department. they do look really cute in person. she is just so stinkin' cute and i just love her little voice:)
ReplyDeletesuch a cutie...love them!
ReplyDeleteThey were still looking good on Tuesday! I too love the curls in the back.
ReplyDeleteI noticed her hair at the ballgame and loved it. I love seeing her curls too!
ReplyDeleteSomething similar to this that you can do is across the head rows. Keep the back free, but create a sideways look, too. (I had friends that would wear their hair like this.) Let me know if you want better details.
ReplyDeleteOh Karista, I think I understand what you mean--cornrow sorta from ear to ear, and leave the back curly? That would be super cute, too--thanks for the idea! :)
ReplyDelete