Monday, July 19, 2010

Why They Need Both Mommy and Daddy

Destry has been working on farm implements with Alan quite a bit this summer. As a result, he builds replicas with his Legos. Here he made a mowing machine complete with a sickle, PTO shaft, and Pitman stick.

He showed it to me and I said "That's really cool, Destry."
Then he showed it to his dad. Alan immediately started to move it across the table while saying "ch-k, ch-k, ch-k, ch-k."

Then he had to examine it closely to figure out how all the parts worked and they played around refining some pieces.
That is just one of the many reasons God's plan is for boys to have both a mommy and a daddy. I have never in my life been tempted to pick up a Lego creation and drive it while making sounds--you know, PLAY with it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just sitting here giggling.

    I'm on the computer writing up a post about teenage boys. I so get what you are saying! I've really noticed (and felt) how much even more so that the role of 'dad' comes into play during the teen years.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!