Saturday, July 31, 2010

Introducing Our Blessing

Well, to update my blog, Crystal called Thursday afternoon about 1:30 to tell us she wants us to parent her little boy, who she had named Damian Alexander. She said she was sure about her decision, but would wait to sign paperwork until she met us. In a whirlwind rush, we got everything together to make a flight at 4:55 pm from an airport two hours from our home. To say I was stressed and overwhelmed is putting it mildly. But God is so faithful, and everything worked out for us to make the plane (even though we had to throw away our shampoo, hairspray, shaving creams, toothpaste, baby wash, and my Rewind--big ouch--because we haven't flown in so long we didn't know we couldn't carry-on the full size containers and we arrived too late to check it). We missed our connecting flight due to weather, so stayed over in Dallas, and arrived in Orlando about 11:30 am on Friday. We went directly to the lawyer's office and got to meet Crystal and her baby at 12:45. She was so brave and so strong for her little man as she made a decision that would change all of our lives.

Meet our precious little son who has already stolen our hearts--we are absolutely smitten.

I'm including this first picture for perspective, because he looks big in the close-ups.


Tyrell Damian was born July 25, weighed seven pounds, and was 19 inches long.

Daddy meeting his son for the first time.

He is so bright-eyed and alert already.
I'm one of those people who just loves a baby's face when he cries. Pitiful, isn't he? He has that pout mastered, but his cry is just a little squeak--so precious!

These pictures simply don't do him justice--he couldn't be more adorable.

Thank you all for your prayers and support along the roller coaster ride this journey has been. God has provided such peace, comfort and growth and your prayers have been felt along the way.

Every good and perfect gift comes from above. James 1:17

9 comments:

  1. I'm beyond thrilled for your family. My God continue to bless Tyrell's birth mother as continues throughout life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to meet him. I would say he was worth the wait!!!! Have a great week bonding with your new bundle of joy. Love you! Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO HOO!!!! WOO HOO!!!! WOO HOO!!! HAPPY DANCE!!!! PRAISE GOD FOR HIS BLESSING ON YOUR FAMILY!!! We will continue to pray for you all and the courageous birth mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you!
    annette

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! so happy for you guys. i can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will you need to stay with Aunt Shayla when you get back to town???? I only work the 9th and then that weekend so I plan to meet him SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shayla--giggle, I'm missing my other kids, I have to admit--but can't wait for you to meet Tyrell! He's so precious!

    Marcy--chuckling b/c I had those words typed in the post--he's so worth it all, but then I couldn't even articulate it. Glad you get it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!