Monday, July 6, 2009

Figuring it All Out

Friday, January 30, 2009

Easton just keeps growing up on me. I've been getting a kick out of his struggles with the English language lately. He's trying to figure out which pronoun is the correct one, and which verb tense sounds right.

"We does have one, Mommy. . .We did have one, Mommy. . .We does. . ." I have to help him out at this point. "Yes, we DO have one, don't we Easton?" He nods. "We do have one."

A few minutes later:

"She got one out of his drawer. . .she got one out of she drawer. . .she got one out of him drawer. . ." Again, Mommy helps him out. "Yes, she got one out of her drawer, didn't she?" He appreciates the help, and nods in the affirmative.

He's getting quite independent, you see. His favorite line these days is "I can do it all by myself." He can get in his chair "all by himself" and put dishes in the dishwasher "all by himself" and go potty "all by himself" and brush his teeth "all by himself." The above didn't really bother me so much, but I wasn't prepared last night when he said he could rock before bed "all by myself". Mommy likes to rock him for a few minutes before bed, you see. We sing a couple little songs and have some nice little cuddle time. The video is really dark, because it was bedtime, but I couldn't resist sharing it, anyway!


Momma got to rock him afterall!!

He's more successful at rocking a baby doll than he is at rocking himself. What a good little daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!