| Easton has a really fun personality. One trait I've noticed is that he's very detail oriented. This was obvious even when he was really young, only about 6 months old. He had toys that had small spinning parts or little hinges and he would sit and flip them or spin them for long periods of time. I remember saying at that time that I thought he might be an engineer or an accountant or some similar profession that requires attention to details. This trait continues in his personality as he is fascinated with fixing things right now.
 We constantly have doors open for fixing, or chairs turned upside down, toy cars and trucks being worked on. . .
It hasn't helped since we discovered 'Bob the Builder' movies at the library. It turns out I had picked up a 'Muck' (the name of this vehicle below--a dump truck, if I remember right), which is a character on this show, when I was garage saling last summer. It's his new favorite toy, and frequently either sleeps with Easton or is the lucky recipient of his repairing prowess!
 He sings the 'Bob the Builder' song several times a day. I'm tired of it--especially since he gets stuck like a scratched record!! 
|
So, who knows how he'll use this talent God has given him to notice and work with small details?! Perhaps a mechanic, or an architect or a carpenter. . .I think it's sort of fun to think about how personality traits may translate into future professions for my children. What other careers make the most of this attention to detail?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!