Friday, July 10, 2009

No Broken Legs

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Briana's drama team performed the play "Anne of Green Gables" this weekend and she had the privilege of portraying Marilla, the sternly prim and proper sister who adopts orphan Anne. They spent about 8 weeks preparing for the show, which was a little over two hours long. Alan designed the set and built it with the help of two other dads. I guess all his years of skipping classes with the music teacher during high school to build the set for our musicals paid off!


The set turned out great--we were all impressed.

I was glad another mother did the costumes. She did an outstanding job. I really got a kick out of Briana's expressive face. She was interesting to watch, and never lost her poise of faltered in her character.

If you don't know the story, Marilla and her brother Matthew desire to adopt an orphan boy to help with the farm. Instead, the orphanage sends an imaginative, spunky, talkative girl who livens up their lives and steals their hearts.

I was really proud of her. She worked diligently to learn her lines and know her character, and her hard work paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!