| I thought you might get a kick out of some hairstyles Kiana and I have been playing with. She's doing really well sitting still for me. . .well, as well as one can expect an 18-month old to sit! Let's just say that while I haven't found a way to mess her up from the front view. . .
 cornrows in public are not in her immediate future.
 I know!! Yikes! Here are some of my excuses: 1) I have always done a 'French braid' by putting each strand of hair OVER the next, while cornrows are supposed to go UNDER the next strand. 2) This was my first try. 3) Remember, she is 18 months old (read: wiggly) 4) There's not as much hair on her head as there was my sister's while growing up or on my older daughter's. 5) OK, I'm out of excuses, I am just not good at this--YET! But never you fear, I will continue to practice and one day she will sit (in beautiful cornrows) and look at these pictures with her Mommy and we will laugh like crazy people. The side view isn't as bad as the back view, is it?

And now, with a drumroll and a flourish, may I share with you my success? These, my ladies and gentlemen, are called ZULU KNOTS.
 (She's a zombie watching Bob the Builder--this was a 25 minute project, people, don't judge me too harshly).
 Yes, this (my first try) was a resounding success! And it stayed in for three full days. Hooray!

Now, don't go and google something like cornrows or zulu knots and pictures to see how they are supposed to look, please, just have a little chuckle at my expense and go on about your day.  |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!