Friday, March 06, 2009
| The children's musical was a resounding success! I am so happy and so proud of all those kids. I've been working with 33 children ages 5-12 in the homeschool group, and our production was tonight. They did a fantastic job with their lines and singing and actions. It has been the absolute craziest week ever. Pretty much anything that COULD go wrong DID!! The sound person experienced a death in the family so we had to find someone else last minute, the church where we held the performance recarpeted their stage so we didn't get to use the stage for the dress rehearsal, cast members were sick (and we figured someone would be sick tonight, but all were well!), etc., etc., etc (in the words of Yul Brynner from The King and I!) Oh, and did I mention my keys got locked in my van??? Fortunately, I had tons of great help. I had two hard-working assistant directors, a fabulous set crew, costume team, props handler. . .I love it when people pull together to make things happen. A few people asked if we would be doing another musical next year. I was on a high (as any who've been part of performances like this can fully understand), and responded "Oh, I'm sure we will. It's like childbirth--it won't be long and we'll forget all the hard work and want to do it again!!!" ![]() Here is a small excerpt of the performance, featuring Destry's solo. |
I am still a little pumped from the performance, but deep down I am SO GLAD it's over. I'm simply exhausted. I'm so glad a 'real' director teaches the junior high and high school drama and I can just design the programs and sit back to 'enjoy the show'.
Phew!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!