Friday, June 5, 2009

Do You Ever Wonder. . .

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Don't you wonder what your kids will do when they grow up? Do you wonder what vocation they will choose? Do you wonder if all the lessons, the driving, the practice time, the instruments. . .will it be useful one day?

I have to admit, I was pretty proud of Destry at his recital last weekend. He practiced this piece diligently for nearly two months to prepare for the performance. Here is about the last third of the piece.

If your ear is well-trained enough to notice a little 'pitchiness', please attribute it to his failure to tune all four strings to the piano (he got a little nervous as they were starting and tuning). If your ear is not so trained (like mine!!), join me in thinking he did an outstanding job! I'm afraid it's about time to invest in a full-size violin. $$$$ I sure wish I knew if he would actually do something with this someday. . . I just keep telling myself it's great training for leading people in singing praise to the Father, and it's great character training!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!