Wednesday, October 22, 2008
| I happened across a review of the book I am currently reading on a blog. I haven't yet read the part that talks about the relationship between the 'isms', but this review makes me want to read faster! This whole concept of socialism being present (and quietly, meekly accepted, even embraced by Christians????) has been on my mind a lot here lately. Here is an excerpt from the review: Touched on in this book is the scariest thing I have learned in the past 16 years: that socialism is partially premised on these feminist ideas. Early in the 20th century, the socialists wrote that what was needed was to get children from their earliest ages into the government education system and to get women out of the homes. A breakdown of family ties and education would prevent the transfer of Christian heritage and thought to the next generation, opening the way for socialistic thought. That battle wasn’t won on the battlefields of WW I or II, but it has been won since as we acquiesced of our own accord. A quick read of the Communist Manifesto is not shocking; it reads like a report on the United States. We now demand the government provide daycare, preschool education, medical benefits, salary if we are unemployed, and the list goes on. A woman may no longer depend on her man, but she certainly depends on Uncle Sam… Chalk one up for socialism; it appears that our soldiers may have died in vain. But we are oblivious. What the socialists could not win militarily, they have won by patience and dogma. We’ve been the slowly boiling frog. I challenge women to get out of the boiling pot long enough to actually study their history. Take an honest look at the other side. Don’t jump to conclusions based on ignorance. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!