Friday, June 5, 2009

Thanksgiving Traditions

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

You know, I've always thought we didn't really have 'traditions' as a family. In looking at my pictures from our family Thanksgiving, however, I see many traditions. Admittedly, the day has changed. The biggest change, of course, was the absence of my grandparents, as well as a change in location. I find it interesting that the faces have changed, the seasons of life are different for familiar faces, but it still had a ring of familiarity to it.

There was still the group of people doing puzzles.



There were still people who had to have a nap.

There were, as usual, kids playing with toys and posing for pictures.


All seven of my Mom's grandkids (so far--Sheldon and Marcy are expecting another baby the end of March!). From left to right, Nathan, Adi, Easton (just to insert, those three are a RIOT--can't you just see it?!), Briana holding Isaiah and Destry holding Kiana.

I didn't get pictures of lots of the traditions--you know, the overabundance of food, somebody off reading a book (my daughter instead of me in this stage of life), all the groups of people chatting. But I got a picture of people playing games.

I got a picture of Easton and Nathan getting ready for a nap. Yes, it looks like trouble, doesn't it?! But they did go to sleep, even as ornery as they look!

I stole this pic from my sis of Kiana wearing Uncle Jon's cap. It just figures--my sister got the first good picture of Kiana's first two teeth! She is SUCH a better photographer than I am!!!

And here is the funnest memory of all--I saved the best for last (hope you followed it through, especially Brenda and Connie!!!) My mom has my Grandma Fetters' piano. I'm pretty sure there was ALWAYS a group of my cousins playing chopsticks every single Thanksgiving. Well, this year it was Briana and Destry as the 'older cousins' playing chopsticks. They were shocked (we all were!) when Aunt Marcy jumped up to play her rendition with Destry. How fun!!

***edit: okay, Alan says this song is not chopsticks, and had to go play me the 'true chopsticks'. So, what IS this song??????



I am so thankful for many things this year--and at this time, I'm especially thankful for family and the traditions we have, even when we don't realize it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!