Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lap of Luxury

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We went with Alan on a business trip last week, and his employer put us up in a really nice hotel (read: jacuzzi suite!). I think I got spoiled and lazy in those three days! No cooking, no cleaning, no laundry. . .Easton especially enjoyed the view from the outside of the motel, which he called a 'castle'. (I think he was influenced by our middle ages study last year! ha!)

DSC01700

The older kids had lots of fun swimming, reading, and watching the history channel (a luxury we don't have at home). We also visited a nearby park every single day. There were lots of acorns there, which Briana and Destry used as currency to buy and sell various parts of the park to one another. The little ones especially had fun there.

DSC01687

DSC01691 DSC01688

Here is my sweet little Kiana who turns ONE today! She's getting quite independent and becoming a little climber! She got up on the slide all by herself and started climbing up it. Yes, Mama is 'getting soft' in her 'old age' as I never let the other children go UP the slide--I told them to go up the ladder and down the slide. But she was so cute and so proud of herself for figuring it out!!! Just this once, right??!!

We also had a great view from the restaurant on the top floor of the motel. Easton and Destry took the window seats!

DSC01698

Mama's favorite parts of the trip???? Relaxing each evening after the kiddos were asleep. . .

DSC01703

. . .and eating a delicious warm, FREE, chocolate chip cookie!!!! (sigh of bliss. . . .)

DSC01716

I really need to learn how to make these cookies (or maybe I DON'T!!!) I found a recipe for them. . http://foodgeeks.com/recipes/recipe.phtml?recipe_id=18302


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!